The U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) released their strategic plan for fiscal years 2012-2016, which “establishes priorities and combines the components of EEOC’s private, public, and federal sector enforcement.” The six priorities are:
- Eliminating Barriers in Recruitment and Hiring
- Protecting Immigrant, Migrant and Other Vulnerable Workers
- Addressing Emerging and Developing Issues
- Enforcing Equal Pay Laws
- Preserving Access to the Legal System
- Preventing Harassment Through Systemic Enforcement and Targeted Outreach
To read the full plan, visit the EEOC website.
To stay in compliance with current laws, employers should consider reviewing their policies and hiring practices. On January 17, 2013, there is a great opportunity to participate in the “Intelligent Hiring” workshop offered by Xenium. A segment of the session is dedicated to discussing the legal considerations and methods for implementing practices to avoid negligent hiring. To reserve your seat, register online.