Presented by Sarah Murphy
Coaching involves partnering to help others achieve organizational goals and individual effectiveness. If you are looking to increase motivation in others, effective coaching communication requires practice. Improve the way you are delivering feedback through clarification of intentions, clear communication of impact and expectations, and management of agreements vs. people. Through interactive exercises you will leave this session with greater confidence, a clear understanding of what works, as well as crafted feedback for your next conversation – whether that be with an employee, peer, or leader within your organization.
- Understand the importance of feedback to the employee, the manager, and the organization
- Examine the competencies and behaviors that contribute to effective coaching
- Apply a model for delivering meaningful feedback and creating agreements
Who Will Benefit
- New and emerging leaders with little or no prior training or experience in managing others
- Experienced managers interested in continuous improvement honing leadership skills
- HR professionals and organizational leaders seeking best practices for personal leadership and the development of others
Thursday August 17, 2017
8:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
7401 SW Washo Ct.
Tualatin, OR 97062
HRCI – 2.75
SHRM – 2.75
About the Presenter
Onsite Sr. HR Generalist
Sarah joined the Xenium team in 2012 as an Onsite HR Representative for one of Xenium’s non-profit clients. In January 2015, Sarah transitioned to a role providing support to the training and development team. She has 12 years of Human Resources experience, having primarily worked as a generalist in the banking and hospitality industries in the Bay Area. Her primary duties included human resources guidance and consulting for employee relations, organizational development, recruitment and establishing best practices for employee training and performance management.