Presented by Kim O’Donnell
Knowing the current employment laws and how to apply them will in turn affect employee morale. People like to work for people they respect, and they engage in their work when their manager creates a fair and positive environment. You add value by complying with the law, protecting the organization.
These “Top Traps” have been identified as key areas of exposure for employers, regardless of industry. Whether you are new to a supervisory position, or it’s just time for a refresher course, this workshop will arm you with knowledge and implementation tips to immediately put into action.
- Understand key employment laws and the role you play in managing employment risk
- Implement best practices for documenting employment action, managing attendance and requests for accommodation, and responding to employee complaints
- Proactively manage issues head-on and with confidence garnering the respect of your work group
Who Will Benefit
- New and emerging leaders with little or no prior training or experience in managing others
- Experienced managers interested in staying abreast of employer compliance and best practices
- HR professionals and organizational leaders looking to ensure effective risk management and and compliance with current employment laws
Thursday November 16, 2017
8:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
7401 SW Washo Ct.
Tualatin, OR 97062
HRCI – 2.75
SHRM – 2.75
About the Presenter
Director of HR Services
Kim O’Donnell joined the Xenium team in March 2007 as a Human Resource Business Partner. She was promoted to Senior Human Resource Business Partner in January 2009, to Strategic HR Partner in December 2014, and as of July 2015 she serves in a Director of HR Services role. She has more than 22 years of client relationship management experience which includes providing 15 years of Human Resources Consulting to business owners. She also served as a Partner Business Manager for a financial planning firm. Kim earned her Bachelor of Science in Business Management from San Diego State University and her MBA from the University of Phoenix.