Presented by Sarah Murphy
So you hired them… now what? Practicing an effective performance management process starts at onboarding and is essential to achieving business objectives. Surveys confirm that unwanted turnover most often occurs because company goals and expectations are unclear and employees feel underutilized, unappreciated and unheard. An effective process commits time to important conversations–highly beneficial for both managers and employees. Practice techniques to engage employees through clear communication, goal setting and progress assessment.
- Establish a plan for goal-setting and measuring success
- Develop a process that provides ongoing feedback and challenges employees to achieve objectives
- Engage employees in their personal development through meaningful conversations and recognition
Who Will Benefit
- New and emerging leaders with little or no prior training or experience in managing others
- Experienced managers interested in continuous improvement and honing skills
- HR professionals and organizational leaders looking to develop or enhance performance management programs
Thursday April 20, 2017
8:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
7401 SW Washo Ct.
Tualatin, OR 97062
HRCI – 2.75
SHRM – 2.75
About the Presenter
Onsite Sr. HR Generalist
Sarah joined the Xenium team in 2012 as an Onsite HR Representative for one of Xenium’s non-profit clients. In January 2015, Sarah transitioned to a role providing support to the training and development team. She has 12 years of Human Resources experience, having primarily worked as a generalist in the banking and hospitality industries in the Bay Area. Her primary duties included human resources guidance and consulting for employee relations, organizational development, recruitment and establishing best practices for employee training and performance management.