Presented by Tana Thomson
So you hired them… now what? Practicing an effective performance management process starts at onboarding and is essential to achieving business objectives. Surveys confirm that unwanted turnover most often occurs because company goals and expectations are unclear and employees feel underutilized, unappreciated and unheard. An effective process commits time to important conversations–highly beneficial for both managers and employees. Practice techniques to engage employees through clear communication, goal setting and progress assessment.
- Establish a plan for goal-setting and measuring success
- Develop a process that provides ongoing feedback and challenges employees to achieve objectives
- Engage employees in their personal development through meaningful conversations and recognition
Who Will Benefit
- New and emerging leaders with little or no prior training or experience in managing others
- Experienced managers interested in continuous improvement and honing skills
- HR professionals and organizational leaders looking to develop or enhance performance management programs
Thursday October 19, 2017
8:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
7401 SW Washo Ct.
Tualatin, OR 97062
HRCI – 2.75
SHRM – 2.75
About the Presenter
VP of Human Resources
Tana brings 18 years of progressive HR experience to her role at Xenium. She began her career in human resources as a Staffing Manager for a local staffing service overseeing the temporary staffing division. She then transitioned to an internal role as a Human Resource Manager for a local software company where she was responsible for recruitment, training, employee relations and performance management.