Preventing harassment begins with promoting diversity and encouraging respect and acceptance at all employee levels. Gain the practical skills to identify, manage and prevent sexual and other unlawful harassment, including real world examples of behavior that meet the definitions of unlawful discrimination and retaliation. Discuss tips for mitigating your risk and creating a positive workplace culture with shared ownership and accountability.
- Review the EEOC definitions and examples of unlawful harassment, discrimination and retaliation
- Understand employer obligations for responding to and investigating complaints
- Develop strategies to prevent workplace harassment and retaliation
Who Will Benefit
- New and emerging leaders with little or no prior training or experience in managing others
- Experienced managers interested in staying abreast of employer compliance and best practices
- HR professionals and organizational leaders looking to develop a positive and respectful workplace as well as ensure effective risk management
Thursday October 5, 2017
8:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
7401 SW Washo Ct.
Tualatin, OR 97062
HRCI – 2.75
SHRM – 2.75
About the Presenters
Onsite Sr. HR Generalist
Sarah joined the Xenium team in 2012 as an Onsite HR Representative for one of Xenium’s non-profit clients. In January 2015, Sarah transitioned to a role providing support to the training and development team. She has 12 years of Human Resources experience, having primarily worked as a generalist in the banking and hospitality industries in the Bay Area. Her primary duties included human resources guidance and consulting for employee relations, organizational development, recruitment and establishing best practices for employee training and performance management.