Presented by Jennifer Bouman-Steagall, Pacific Northwest Defense Attorney RedKiteRising.com
Work is busy, employees are stressed, deadlines are fast approaching, and you get the call you have been dreading, “I won’t be in today” or “I’m leaving because I don’t feel well.” Sometimes those calls coincide with Mondays and Fridays, or the requested vacation days that were not approved, or the end of vacation periods or holidays, or the busiest time of day at the company, and we start to wonder whether something else may be going on. The unpredictability of intermittent leave is challenging and frustrating enough to manage without someone taking advantage of the system or abusing leave rights. Where do we draw the line between use and abuse, and what can we do about it? You have more power than you might think! Join us for this memorable program as we explore the fuzzy line between use and abuse and discuss the tools and strategies employers can use to curb family leave abuse.
- Understand how to effectively apply the current leave laws for Oregon and Washington
- Exercise consistency and fairness in holding employees accountable to attendance policies and expectations
- Proactively manage employee leaves and protect your organization
Who Will Benefit
- Supervisors and managers interested in staying abreast of employer compliance and best practices
- HR professionals responsible for implementing employer policies and ensuring compliance
Thursday, May 3, 2018
8:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
7401 SW Washo Ct.
Tualatin, OR 97062
HRCI – 2.75
SHRM – 2.75
About the Presenter
Dynamic Storyteller & Pacific Northwest Defense Attorney RedKiteRising.com